Are you in Spain now and would you play some chess tournament? Why not to attend XIX International Chess Open “La Pobla De Lillet”?
La Pobla De Lillet is a small town approximately 100 kilometers from Barcelona.
View Larger Map
This tournament is quite established on the list of summer chess tournaments as you can see from the title of the tournament. The tournament is not full of strong 2600+ players and it means a chance for us, not so skilled players so far, to play and maybe to grab some prize.
Last year the first three players were: 1. GM Mirzoev Azer (2565, Azerbaidjan) 8/9, 2. GM Movsziszian Karen (2560, Armenia) 7/9, 3. IM Reinaldo Castiñeira Roi (2504, Spain) 7/9. The final ranking is here. As you can see, the first 2000- ELO player was Lopez Forn Marc (1881, Spain) on 13th place! It points out my words about possibility to win some prizes even if you are not 2000+ chess player.
Here are the rules of the tournament for this year:
Tournament Rules and Prizes
1. The tournament will be played according to Swiss System from 2nd August to 10th August 2009. It will have 9 rounds according to the following schedule :
1st to 8th rounds 16.30 hours.
9th round 10.00 hours.
It will take place on the premises of “Saló La Flor”, Ripoll’s Road 11.
2. The time limit will be 90 minutes / player + 30 seconds / move for all the game. Clocks will be started punctually and any player not presented after one hour since the beginning of the match, will not score
3. The starting rank will be done according objective valuation from above to below between known ratings of
- FIDE Rating
- National (FEDA) or Regional Rating
4. Two successive defaults of a player or any without justification will cause his elimination from the tournament. The organisers are authorized to eliminate a player absent for the first round.
5. An Appeals Committee will be chosen during the course of the first round by the Arbiter and Tournament Director. It will consist by five players, two of whom will act as substitutes in case of any dispute involving a member of the entitled come up.
The Appeals Committee will consist of:
a) Three titled players and two reserves.
b) Tournament Director (or Organisers’ Re¬pre-sentative).
The Tournament Director will preside over the Committee as the Chairman
6. All complaints have to be made in writing to the Appeals Committee within one hour after the end of the session during which the dispute took place. The decision of the Committee in all matters is final.
7. Mobile phones or other electronic devices which can disturb players are strictly forbidden when games are in progress. Mobile phones must be switched off. If a player’s mobile phone rings in the playing venue during the play, that player can lose the game.
8. Pairings will be made according to Swiss manager program, and it will be displayed in the tournament hall. The pairings for the first round will be notified during the Opening Ceremony of the Tournament.
9. The Registration should be filled and the fee paid to the Organisers before the commencement of the first round or at least before it is over. A player who doesn’t comply with this requirement is liable to lose his entry.
10. Tie-breaks for determining the final ranking order will be resolved according to the following options:
- Total corrected Bucholz (*)
- Brazilian corrected Bucholz (*) excepting the player with the lowest number of points (worst rival)
- Accumulative – Progressive system
- Number of wins
(*) In this way, not played games will be consider as draw
The order of these options will be decided by means of a draw decided immediately before to finish the last round.
11. List of Prizes:
1st 1.200 € + Trophy
2nd 800 € + Trophy
3rd 600 € + Trophy
4th 450 €
5th 350 €
6th 300 €
7th 250 €
8th 200 €
9th 150 €
10th 100 €
1st Elo 2300 to 2399 100 €
1st Elo 2150 to 2299 90 €
1st Elo 2000 to 2149 75 €
1st Elo 1850 to 1999 60 €
1st Elo under 1849 50 €
1st Woman classified Trophy
1st Best Veteran (+ 60 years) Trophy
1st Youth – 16 years Trophy 1st Member “Club d´escacs Lillet” Trophy
- Cash prizes will not be accumulative or divisible. Trophies- In case a player has right to more than one trophy, he will receive all of them.
- For the special prizes by ELO sections, ELO FIDE will be considered in first term, and in its lack, Catalan or FEDA, respectively.
12. The Tournament will be conducted according this Rules, General Chess Rules and for the present FIDE Laws.
13. The Tournament is valid for the calculation of ELO FIDE, FEDA, FCE ratings as well as for obtaining Norms of GM and IM
14. The Organization has the right to modify any point of these rules.
15. The participation in the Tournament implies the total knowledge and acceptance of the same ones.
Players among 16 and 59 years 30 €
Players under 16 years 20 €
Above 60 years players 20 €
Costs are free for GMs, IM’s, and players with ELO equal or higher 2350 FIDE.
Tournament Director: Joan Barnola Espelt
Chief Arbiter: IA Enio Bello
For more details write to these email addresses:
The official page: http://www.celillet.net/